Sunday, March 7, 2010

at work

A: [talks, wants reaction]
M: [raises head, looking perplexed]do you see any spark in my eyes that signals you of any interest on my part?
A: [shrugs] nope, your eyes look just as blank as usual
M: [after regaining his composure] you suck!
A: [does a dance of victory]


A: if there is anything I say or do to offend you..
M: ah, do not worry...
A: then never doubt, it was always my intention.


M: [mentions he wants me to show him how some programs work and before going out to smoke] And now I go out. I come back, and then you show me.
A: [grabs chest and feigns shocked innocence]
M: [blushes and leaves]

A: [after finishing an important project for M, and upon rather serious concentration stating blankly] and you, of course, didn't make any coffee.
M: [gets up energetically and heads for the kitchen. after a few moments returns, rather puzzled] wait, I wasn't supposed to make coffee. You said it like you repeated that for about 4 times by now.
A: [grinning] I know I didn't.

A: [doing analysis, concentrated]
M: [talks, wants reaction]
A: ah./oh./uh huh
M: BUT YOU DON'T CARE! (A's favourite cry for attention)
A: uh huh.
M: bahaha! I just proved that I am like you! And you are like me! You see the other one being busy and deep in thought, but you still keep on talking and demand reaction, and if you don't, you cry "but you don't care!". And when I bug you I see that you don't pay me much attention and reply in monosyllables. Just like me! FACT!
A: uh huh.

A: [thinking if should listen to music through headphones or speakers] are you busy? You want to concentrate?
M: I don't mind, you might as well keep on talking, I am not paying attention...
A: YOU SUCK!
M: [smug]


M: as an excellent sales person I am trained to make you feel important by leaving you the illusion that I am listening to everything you say. feeling listened to does wonders to people's egos and makes them easier targets for manipulation.
A: as an excellent manipulator I am trained to make you feel as a smart and great sales person by letting you believe your petty attempts at world domination are working. hiding the fact that I am aware of your fruitless games, I keep your ego afloat, and bad sales people need their egos big.

No comments: